This would be my first post which will contain something extracted from elsewhere. I do not really like doing it though, but the stuff I got was so informative compared to similar mails I'd received before that I'm not able to stop myself from posting them. These are some lessons to be learnt in life. But before I post those, let me post some of my personal fundas which I learnt from my experiences in life.
1. Try hard to get what you like. Otherwise later you will be forced to like what you get.
2. Live each moment of your life to the fullest. The moment that is gone will never come back.
3. Never let others take the decisions of your life. Because, at the end of the day, you alone are going to pay for it, good or bad. The one who takes the decisions for you will not and so the person will not bother. Moreover if you blame them for the decisions, that will not change the person's life. At the most, the person can feel guilty. Its high time you should start living your life the way you want to.
4. Have a goal in your life.
5. Add to your friends, subtract your enemies.... but let your best friends be very few...
6. Don't expect too much from your best friends. Be prepared if they leave you, cheat you or behave badly with you etc that may lead breaking the friendship. But don't keep suspecting them. Believe them to the core without thinking you may get hurt... because that is the only way u can live your life completely.
7. Life's all about being happy... It's too short for hatred....
8. Don't be so busy in your life that you cannot make time for your family and friends. Anything can happen in future.
9. When you are in trouble or problem, think in three different views. One - your views. Second - what you think is your family members view. And the third - view of an imaginary reader of your life story. You will definitely feel better, feel more courageous to face the problem or even get a solution.
10. The best job is the one where work is fun and where, after you put all your efforts the whole day and give your best, when you go home and lie on your bed, you are completely satisfied and contented about what you have done for the day and you get a sound sleep.
11. Make at least one person smile everyday.
12. Love the way your life is right now. Complaining why your life is not good will not change your life.
13. If you don't find problems in your way, you are definitely on the wrong path.
14. Life is no fun if you do not have problems.
15. Sharing happiness will double it and sharing sorrows will lessen it. Sharing food will definitely lessen the food but it is more filling. Having food alone is never enough.
16. Don't care about the comments you get from people who don't care for you. Don't care for the people who don't care for you.
17. Don't blame the system. Either change it or follow.
18. Being talkative is good. Silence is not always golden.
19. No matter how matured you become, don't behave matured. Behave childish, stubborn and fight with kids.
20. If you think you have everything, you have everything. If you think you have nothing, you have nothing.
21. Life will never be boring if you have lots of inexpensive hobbies.
22. Pessimism kills.
23. If someone says you are a fool and you take it seriously, you become one.
24. Be proud of what you are.
25. India is full of strange men who take pride in selling themselves off for high rates in the name of dowry and then make their wives do all their work because they are lazy enough to just do anything but say that the work is less to their standard. India is also full of strange women who think that such strange men are equivalent to god and are ready to do all their work and give more importance to their sons compared to their daughters and they forget they are also daughters. (However, there are exceptions.)
26. Psycho relatives are spread all over the world. (Not everyone are psycho though...)
Now these are the ones I collected.
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
6. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
7. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
8. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.
9. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
10. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
11. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
12. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
13. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
14. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
15. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
16. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
17. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
18. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
19. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
20. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
21. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
22. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
23. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
24. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?
25. Always choose life.
26. Forgive everyone everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
31. Believe in miracles.
32. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
33. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
34. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
35. Your children get only one childhood.
36. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
37. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
38. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
39. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
40. The best is yet to come.
41. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
43. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."